First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Asking about the buying experience from Chapman: If you financed the truck did you find your time in the fiance office to be stressful at all? Was the finance guy pushy or anything? Did you purchase any protections and were they a reasonable price? I'm hoping when I pick up my truck, sign the docs and be on my way. I've been in situations where the finance guy is really pushy and doesn't like taking no for an answer.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Asking about the buying experience from Chapman: If you financed the truck did you find your time in the fiance office to be stressful at all? Was the finance guy pushy or anything? Did you purchase any protections and were they a reasonable price? I'm hoping when I pick up my truck, sign the docs and be on my way. I've been in situations where the finance guy is really pushy and doesn't like taking no for an answer.
I financed w Chapman today. I declined all additional add ons from the f&i guy. Not pushy at all. Super easy guy to deal with.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Cactus Grey is really growing on me. Least on the Mav.

Good review.

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Financing was easy, they were not pushy at all. Just list here are the options and let them know if I want any. I declined and it was never mentioned again. All very easy and a good model for dealers.

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will lend out my sawzall to create the split rear seat. No QR code for that?
I'm hoping that in a few years they will make it an option and then I can just swap out the lower. Of course by then, I won't need the car seat and the dog can always just get on the floor when I need something!

Sponsored

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cactus Grey is really growing on me. Least on the Mav.

Good review.
I think the black FX4 wheels offset it nicely. I'm not sure how it would be with the regular XLT wheels. Just that little bit of darker contrast makes it look nice.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Maverick yesterday afternoon at Chapmans in Horsham. Delivery was great and a wonderful staff. Everything was as expected. I ordered a Cactus Grey XLT Luxury/2.0/AWD/FX4/4K Tow/sunroof/rear slider. I flew into Philly and they had a Lyft pick me up and drive me to the dealership, excellent service to say the least.

Anyway, I planned to drive home 1000 miles. It was originally supposed to be a mini vacation with a few stops along the way but those plans changed as the gf wasn't feeling well, so I was solo on the trip and made it in one straight shot. Below are my thoughts after 15 hours and 1000 miles in the Maverick. Note, I may have some complaints, but they aren't just differences and things to get used to and maybe Ford will change some in the future.

For reference, I have been driving a Jeep Gladiator Willy's and previously have owned an older Ranger XLT.

It looks small in person, my daughter has a Jeep Renegade that sits higher and taller. The interior is definitely roomy, at least the front seats. The rear seems tighter than the Gladiator. The power seats in the XLT work great, I tend to sit higher so I was able to raise the seat and still had plenty of headroom with the sunroof. Note that I am 5'7" when I wake up in the morning. The seats are hard and flatish, but not bad. The power lumbar is a nice addition. Overall, this was a much more comfortable long drive than in the Gladiator.

There is some slight wind noise, nothing bad, about what I would expect from an economy segment. The engine is quiet on the highway, but you do hear a little buzziness around town. The transmission is still learning my style, but in the aggressive rush hour stop and go highway traffic, I wasn't a fan. I think the Hybrid will do much better with the instant torque. The issue is slowing down, then I need to jump forward quickly to avoid getting cut off, there was just a little lag, again, I'm sure it will adjust. However, the power is more than adequate, if I step on it to get moving, it' goes! and goes well. The Pirelli tires weren't bad, fairly quiet on the road. I wonder how the Lariat would be with the other windshield.

As for gas mileage, I was around 28-29 mpg as measured both by the computer and the old fashioned way. I'll just give an estimate now, as Chapmans actually filled the tank (A welcome surprise), and I'm sure they did it differently than I do, so I think I calculated 28.9 and the computer said 30. However, the second tank I put in premium and I actually did worse. Though on this second tank my average speed was 15 mph higher owing to the open road and night time driving! Third tank I went back to regular, but haven't filled up yet to calculate. Overall, if I can get 28-29 mpg doing 75 on the highway, that is awesome! My Jeep would maybe get 18 and even my BMW would only get low 20's (on premium).

The carplay works great. At least it works better than the uconnect in my Jeep which cuts in and out sometimes. This just seemed to work and stay there. I haven't really tried the radio itself otherwise. I do like that it has easy to read climate and other controls with real nobs and buttons that I can quickly glance down at see the status without having to navigate through menus. As for the screen, I don't think a bigger screen is needed, i.e. if the screen was longer and replaced the cubby, it would provide no additional benefit.

I wish the rear seat was split folding (I knew this before buying), but now putting a car seat back there means my underseat storage is mostly useless. I'm not sure why they did the textured dash board. It doesn't look bad, but the coloring and contrasting is already enough and it just doesn't seem to fit. It's almost like a design student tried too hard for something new. The pockets on the door are shallow, you can still throw stuff down there, but not much. I usually have a parking pass, some papers, or other stuff there, but now I think they would tip out. There's lots of other features and things to figure out as I go along, for instance it has auto high beams which were annoying on the highway until I figured out how to turn them off.

So after the long trip home I'm tired but the purchase was definitely worth it. Time to drink a beer and relax for the afternoon.

Feel free to ask any questions.

0BC7511F-B0A9-4F00-9152-CE696B1A81D5.jpeg
The 1.5 ecoboost in the old Fusion has a similar lag, takes a little getting used to.

(So refreshing btw to see proper usage of "than" for a CHOICE in paragraph three. It drives me crazy reading "then" when not in the context of TIME.)

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are the only other person I have seen yet with the same gas numbers as me right around 29mpg. I have had mine for 7 weeks now and I like it I do wish it had sport mode though

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congrats! I ordered one from Chapman at the end of October and I'm close to you in Orlando. I'm considering making the 1000 mile haul, but I may take the Auto-Train back as it picks up in Virginia. I was also thinking about making it a road trip and stopping in DC on the way down. How was the drive?

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! I ordered one from Chapman at the end of October and I'm close to you in Orlando. I'm considering making the 1000 mile haul, but I may take the Auto-Train back as it picks up in Virginia. I was also thinking about making it a road trip and stopping in DC on the way down. How was the drive?
I toyed with the Auto train idea and decided against it for a couple of reasons, the main one being schedule and the other was cost. The schedule just means that you travel on their time and not when it's convenient for you. The train station is on the south end of DC, so you still have to get through Philly, Baltimore, and DC, but it saves the trip through Richmond. However, that is still the worst part of the drive, so it doesn't save a lot. The other was that once I picked up my truck, I was on the road home. No need to check in at the station a certain time and wait around. For me, this trip was time critical as I needed to get back to take care of some things at home and get ready for work.

Cost is another slight factor, I think the train ticket with auto transport is around $400/total. Which really isn't that much once you factor in gas, tolls, wear and tear etc... So it probably is a wash in the grand scheme of things.

As for the drive, it was good. Once I got out of the Northeast mess. I left Philly a little after noon on a Friday, which meant I was in for a bit of start of the weekend rush hour! I may change my opinion later but I took the expressway tolls (waiting for my bill) and it cut down on the time and aggravation by a lot! But once out of Richmond it was smooth sailing the rest of the way down! I would definitely do that drive again. My original plan was to make some stops, but that changed. So if you want to do a stop over in DC, that is the worst part of the drive, then from there it's easy to the train or just keep going.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I toyed with the Auto train idea and decided against it for a couple of reasons, the main one being schedule and the other was cost. The schedule just means that you travel on their time and not when it's convenient for you. The train station is on the south end of DC, so you still have to get through Philly, Baltimore, and DC, but it saves the trip through Richmond. However, that is still the worst part of the drive, so it doesn't save a lot. The other was that once I picked up my truck, I was on the road home. No need to check in at the station a certain time and wait around. For me, this trip was time critical as I needed to get back to take care of some things at home and get ready for work.

Cost is another slight factor, I think the train ticket with auto transport is around $400/total. Which really isn't that much once you factor in gas, tolls, wear and tear etc... So it probably is a wash in the grand scheme of things.

As for the drive, it was good. Once I got out of the Northeast mess. I left Philly a little after noon on a Friday, which meant I was in for a bit of start of the weekend rush hour! I may change my opinion later but I took the expressway tolls (waiting for my bill) and it cut down on the time and aggravation by a lot! But once out of Richmond it was smooth sailing the rest of the way down! I would definitely do that drive again. My original plan was to make some stops, but that changed. So if you want to do a stop over in DC, that is the worst part of the drive, then from there it's easy to the train or just keep going.

Thanks. Gives me something to think about for the next 6-7 months before my truck is built. :ROFLMAO:

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the review and congrats! How was over all seat comfort for such a long drive ? Did you have to stop on occasions to stretch the back out? How is the Lombard support ? Appreciate any feedback as I wait for my order ✔🤞🏼

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the Cactus Gray with the dark wheels. Which wheels are those?

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the Cactus Gray with the dark wheels. Which wheels are those?
Those are the wheels that come in the FX4 package.
Sponsored