Sponsored

When will Ford announce the existence/debut of the Maverick?

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Now that Hyundai have issued a debut date of April 15th for the Santa Cruz when do you think we can expect word from Ford? I was thinking they would try to be first, but now they will allow Hyundai to debut first. I guess its also a good play to see what they will be up against & will allow them to properly debut against it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
I do like the Santa Cruz rear bumper. I know I’ve seen it in testing towing a trailer. Wonder how they are mounting the receiver hitch?

Ford Maverick When will Ford announce the existence/debut of the Maverick? B7E56C28-AFAE-487F-B7D5-DED68748D67D

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good god, I love the looks of that Santa Cruz. It does have the exact same flaw as the Maverick though, that belt line is absurdly high looking. I loathe that trend on new cars. Feel like Im in a coffin and i cant comfortably get my arm out the window. My buddy went from a '97 Firebird to a '12 Camaro and it is ludicrously tiny when it comes to the greenhouse you can look out of. I understand its for "sAfEtY" but god I hate how hard it is to see out of new vehicles. They're literally a coffin.

Sponsored

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
This is how crazy rumors get started....🤣😂🤣
I heard it's gonna be released tomorrow, built on the ford GT platform, assembled in the USA as a rear wheel drive vehicle, dissasembled in Mexico, shipped to Canada for re-assembly as a fwd, powered by a v8 coyote engine but only have 2 firing cylinders, the rest of the holes will be used for under the hood storage for max cargo capacity, the report also mentioned it will borrow one piece from every ford ever made, and the transmission from a model T, original report is behind a paywall, sorry guys :p

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
I heard it's gonna be released tomorrow, built on the ford GT platform, assembled in the USA as a rear wheel drive vehicle, dissasembled in Mexico, shipped to Canada for re-assembly as a fwd, powered by a v8 coyote engine but only have 2 firing cylinders, the rest of the holes will be used for under the hood storage for max cargo capacity, the report also mentioned it will borrow one piece from every ford ever made, and the transmission from a model T, original report is behind a paywall, sorry guys :p
All at $19,999!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Traditionally makes some noise on Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, whether a big sales push, new incentives, etc. Memorial Day seems perfect timing for Maverick public reveal. Local salesman says they've been kept in the dark on existence, but new models always appear 1st in their in-house publication called Frontline.
Sponsored