First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully this didn't happen to anyone here but there were some customers who were informed by dealers that their Maverick order was canceled by Ford.

In Tim's video here he states that that is incorrect and what actually happened is that the dealer never got the customer's paperwork submitted into the ROVP system properly or didn't get it verified by the 11/17 cut off date.

The problem is all with the dealer not Ford because Ford told the dealers specifically to get the paperwork in and verified by 11/17 and the dealers that didn't were told by Ford after 11/17 that those orders will not be built and for the dealer to cancel the order.

Tim's Video queued to section talking about this issue:

Sponsored

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the thread on Reddit:

Barbara Hollar

First Name
Me n my mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Hopefully this didn't happen to anyone here but there were some customers who were informed by dealers that their Maverick order was canceled by Ford.

In Tim's video here he states that that is incorrect and what actually happened is that the dealer never got the customer's paperwork submitted into the ROVP system properly or didn't get it verified by the 11/17 cut off date.

The problem is all with the dealer not Ford because Ford told the dealers specifically to get the paperwork in and verified by 11/17 and the dealers that didn't were told by Ford after 11/17 that those orders will not be built and for the dealer to cancel the order.

Tim's Video queued to section talking about this issue:

Sponsored

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
on Nov 15 my dealer emailed me saying i had to resign with buyer agreement form, this was done and submitted to Ford.
Oct 10, 2021

earlier i posted that i ordered on 6/9/2021, then found out it didnot go thru, dealer just re-ordered on 10/7/2021. this time i got the confirmation from Ford. can't wait, super excited
Wow your dealer is really crappy. :mad:

Even though you ordered on June 9th Ford never considered your order valid so all that time from then until Nov 15th you had no chance of getting a build date. It was only when Ford warned the dealer about orders that were not validated did the dealer contact you and fixed it.

The only good news is that at least your order wasn't canceled. But now you are in the same boat as those who just ordered so that will put your probable build date as May/June 2022.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
on Nov 15 my dealer emailed me saying i had to resign with buyer agreement form, this was done and submitted to Ford.
Montrose Ford didn't have me sign anything at all. I talked to them yesterday and they insist everything is good to go. I have not received a conformation from Ford, No deposit, but they say everthing is good.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Class action lawsuit! Will settle for a fully loaded Lariat. Lol!

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Montrose Ford didn't have me sign anything at all. I talked to them yesterday and they insist everything is good to go. I have not received a conformation from Ford, No deposit, but they say everthing is good.
I ordered from Montrose Ford and they got me for a $500 deposit. Oh well.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Class action lawsuit! Will settle for a fully loaded Lariat. Lol!
Class action lawsuit against the dealer? I don't think that's a thing. The cancellations are caused by dealer error to submit ROVP and months of warnings ignored from Ford. A deadline was established for dealers, and the cancellations came after dealers did not act by the deadline.

Maybe hundreds of individual lawsuits against dealers.? No action against Ford, because Ford never approved the initial orders. Ford has never promised Mavericks to anyone who does not complete the order process.

Maybe this is an indictment against the dealer vehicle sale model?

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you received any conformation from them or from Ford?
Oh yea. Got a confirmation email the next day. Also got the DORA. I called Ford a few weeks back just to make sure the order was in and they confirmed it was in the way it should have been. Are you an Eco or Hybrid?

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if I should follow up. The link to Ford on my confirmation email stopped working a week or so ago.

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious about the same I got the confirmation email but never got a free FITS email...
Sponsored