TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To my untrained eyes, the Ranger looks 6-8 inches taller, other than that i dont see much of a difference, 20k msrp seems like a great deal on the Maverick if it's that similarly proportioned.

Reactions: Doc

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I think someone mentioned it before but I didn’t really notice till these pics. The offset license plate bothers me. Not a deal breaker, just odd
The license plate should not matter as you will never see it if you are driving (ha, ha, ha),

Sponsored

DanMustang70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Makes the Ranger seem like a monster in size. haha

Good catches though because that really puts it into perspective and makes the Maverick seem quite a bit smaller than I had originally been thinking. Still have to get up close and personal with one in person though to really get a perfect idea.
I think that's what shocks me the most. In my head I was thinking a Ranger but lower ground clearance. This looks way smaller than that.

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The license plate should not matter as you will never see it if you are driving (ha, ha, ha),
Indeed. However I still turn around and look at my beat up 99 ranger when I park somewhere. I love my Smokey the bear plates. :)

Reactions: Doc

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Judging by the doors, the cabins seems to be of the same size. They are very similar in width. The Ranger is an FX4 model so it is lifted a bit. It all seems as expected.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And as far as ground clearance goes, it looks like the Mav doesn't have much less. Especially since the Ranger is limited by the low hang of the rear diff. The beauty of independent suspension all around and AWD means there isn't really that much hanging down underneath.
I hope you're right. Ground clearance has always been one of my worries with the Maverick. I don't need Raptor level, but I want to be able to get to Bronco Sport Badlands levels at least.

Sponsored

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great shots! This is the perfect size for me as I will mostly be doing city driving.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been sold. As long as I can get the bigger engine for under $26k I’m all in. I don’t care what it comes with. I just want the bigger engine. The 1.5 seems a bit too weak on paper to be a reliable engine for home improvement material runs.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
This pic sure makes the Maverick look tiny next to the Ranger. Granted the angle of the pic and distance to the two from the camera are different but you clearly can see a size difference.

Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison 2022-maverick-pickup-vs-ranger-3-