Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So the reviewer said;
"Design-wise, its looks are a bit cartoonish. I can’t help feeling like the Maverick’s front-end is sporting a stupid shit-eating grin. It’s not ugly. It just has a very punchable face"

Yeah, that shit eating grin is from eating the competitions lunch;)
Sounds like an angry person. The Maverick's front doesn't look cartoonish or look like a grin. he must have been high or something. The previous Mazda 3 had what appeared to have a mouth on the front. Ugly design that got a lot of scorn from reviewers and rightfully so. Often referred to as the "Joker mobile".
Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Road and Track review of the Maverick

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a38290512/ford-maverick-city-review/

The Ford Maverick Is the Perfect Size For City-Truck Duty
Even in base spec, it’s way more interesting than a run-of-the-mill crossover.

mav1-1637257294.jpg
The first review I don't like. I don't see the front grill grin at all - I see very horizontal lines and I don't see a stupid face like so many other trucks. Also every reviewer frames the engines by how much power they have which beyond a point is just stupid. IF it's slow that's a problem. If it's quick that's fine but people are so fixated on how FAST a car is. There were no comments on the NVH, Ride quality, or visibility In city. I think it missed the mark.

Deleted member 6544

Let's not even go to where the Santa Cruz is much more punchsble, if you can even find the face among the busy front end. Reminds me of a shaggy dog face where you can't even see the eyes. (Just to note I love shaggy dogs, just not on a vehicle.)
Me and my buddy passed one on the highway. He said the front end looked like it was from Battle Star Galactica

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's not even go to where the Santa Cruz is much more punchsble, if you can even find the face among the busy front end. Reminds me of a shaggy dog face where you can't even see the eyes. (Just to note I love shaggy dogs, just not on a vehicle.)
Ford Maverick Road & Track review of the Maverick: Perfect Size For City-Truck Duty 1637677936052

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back up beeps meaning parking sensors and can the beeps be turned off ?
Yes backup beepers. I don’t know about turning them off. I haven’t checked that. I don’t think I would anyway. They serve the purpose for me. 😊

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes backup beepers. I don’t know about turning them off. I haven’t checked that. I don’t think I would anyway. They serve the purpose for me. 😊
Have backup beepers that cant be turned off on our I3 and its maddening- backup sensors but no camera- unfun

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This review was worthless. I am starved for any new photos, video, or written words on the Hybrid XL and I was so excited to see this and then completely deflated when reading it.

Even if it was a complete rehash of what has already been said - that would have been nice.

I know the writer thinks the Maverick has a shit eating grin and punchable face (must have one to recognize one) and that a full size couch doesn't fit in the bed (no shit).

This is the worst article I've seen penned on the Maverick.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

He didn't tell us about FIT or Flex bed.

Sponsored

sbradford26

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back up beeps meaning parking sensors and can the beeps be turned off ?
I believe he means the beeping like what is on commercial vehicles when they back up. Most hybrids make a beeping noise when they back up due to only using the electric motor and therefore no other sound to warn people. Source my Ioniq Hybrid makes a beeping noise when in reverse. Toyota hybrids make a weird spaceship noise at low speed, but I believe they still beep in reverse.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Around the city, the 191-horsepower 2.5-liter base hybrid powerplant was plucky," PLUCKY???? Is that the best word they can come up with to describe the 2.5 Hybrid, plucky??? Who writes this dribble and what the heck does "plucky" even mean toward a vehicle's powertrain anyway??
This your first time reading a car review?

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah it does not make sense to you, you sell the car lol, makes sense to me, so you prefer a review from someone that ford called up and ford gives perks to than an every day driver, sorry I do not sell cars for a living.
I dont sell cars for a living. I review them honestly and in an unbiased way regardless of what a manufacturer gives in the way of opportunity or "perks". There are some manufacturers that won't send me cars anymore because they don't like some of the things I've said in honest moments. That is the risk but like most journalists, I trade on viewers/readers and they come for reality and honesty. If they don't get that, they don't come back.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont sell cars for a living. I review them honestly and in an unbiased way regardless of what a manufacturer gives in the way of opportunity or "perks". There are some manufacturers that won't send me cars anymore because they don't like some of the things I've said in honest moments. That is the risk but like most journalists, I trade on viewers/readers and they come for reality and honesty. If they don't get that, they don't come back.
There are some manufacturers that won't send me cars anymore because they don't like some of the things I've said in honest moments
There you go my point.
Sponsored