First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, looks wise the Santa Cruz is leagues better looking. The Maverick looks really boring to be frank. Theres something super bland about the Maverick in that Area 51 sideshot we got and the leaked front end just looks bulky and blah when compared to the gorgeous Bronco Sport. I wish they just used that front end from the Bronco Sport, would have looked worlds better. To fix the wall of boring on the side maybe they can make a little fender flare kit. Just SOMETHING to break up the big flat wall of metal and give a bit of style.
I've been following the progress of the Maverick & Santa Cruz for about a year now including frequently looking for new spy shots. How can you tell that the Santa Cruz is better looking at this point? It's still very heavily camouflaged in all of the spy shots I've been able to find as of today. Did I miss something? Also I personally have to disagree that the Maverick is boring. I would have to say that it's actually almost what most people expected it look like which is a baby F-150.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I love the Cyber Orange!
Me too!
It's available on the Bronco Sport for '21, so as long as it's not discontinued it should be on the Maverick for '22.
I still don't know. I mean, there could still be a chance that the Maverick may not get Cyber Orange like the Bronco Sport. But then again, there's the same possibility that it will get it. Do I hope it makes the cut? Most definitely. I guess we'll find out when the reveal rolls around (or if a color option sheet leaks... you never know!).

-SG

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I the only poster who thought: "What in the world? How big is this thing?"

The Ranger was supposed to be a "back to the basics" idea, but Ford then scrapped that idea.

Next, the Maverick was supposed to be "back to the basics," but now they've eschewed a regular cab model. Fine, but a little disappointing.

But how big is this thing? I still have my last generation Ranger, which I see as being *perfectly* sized (189" long); the Maverick was supposed to be similarly sized. The photos on this thread - perception wise - have me thinking she'll be closer to 200" in length. The 3 cylinder engine has a lot of mass to move.

I do like how she looks, although I wish she had a little more ground clearance. And as much as I dislike unitbody construction, Ford did this one right.

The Maverick looks so much better than the Santa Cruz...

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
The Maverick will be around 200 inches. It will also be much heavier then your old school Ranger. And the little 1.5T makes more power and torque then the old school Cologne and Vulcan V6 engines.

If Ford is able to hit the $20,000 mark for entry level vehicles, this will very much be a back-to-basics truck...as much as a 2022 vehicle can be such a truck. Regulation make some features mandatory, and market forces make other features inevitable. Power this and that will be provided on the basic model because not including them drives up the cost for all models.

A base Maverick will be more comfortable, efficient and more rewarding to drive then the most tarted-up 80's/90's/00's Ranger

Last edited:

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford is able to hit the $20,000 mark for entry level vehicles, this will very much be a back-to-basics truck...as much as a 2022 vehicle can be such a truck. Regulation make some features mandatory, and market forces make other features inevitable. Power this and that will be provided on the basic model because not including them drives up the cost for all models.
Perfect answer..!

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick will be around 200 inches. It will also be much heavier then your old school Ranger. And the little 1.5T makes more power and torque then the old school Cologne and Vulcan V6 engines.

A base Maverick will be more comfortable, efficient and more rewarding to drive then the most tarted-up 80's/90's/00's Ranger
Appreciate your well thought out answer, but I am still disappointed at the size; too much overlap.

The Maverick is around 200 inches long; the standard cab F150 is 205" long, and the Ranger is 210" long.

Thankfully, the Maverick won't be too wide.

I am glad that Ford is bringing a cheap truck to the market, and I think they'll sell boatloads. I do wish that they had paired down its size; many newer developments/shopping areas are a little snug, and a smaller sized vehicle would've been welcome.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Appreciate your well thought out answer, but I am still disappointed at the size; too much overlap.

The Maverick is around 200 inches long; the standard cab F150 is 205" long, and the Ranger is 210" long.

Thankfully, the Maverick won't be too wide.

I am glad that Ford is bringing a cheap truck to the market, and I think they'll sell boatloads. I do wish that they had paired down its size; many newer developments/shopping areas are a little snug, and a smaller sized vehicle would've been welcome.
Remember, we’re all judging the size from a couple of snapshots w no reference point. We won’t know how big it is until we know..

Sponsored

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember, we’re all judging the size from a couple of snapshots w no reference point. We won’t know how big it is until we know..
True, but in the above photo's the Maverick looks to be similarly sized to the Explorer - at least to my eyes. But you're right; it's best to reserve judgement until we see the hard specs.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Does anyone else think this Area 51 color looks different compared to the Area 51 color on the BS?

Compare this:

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 6B889665-55A5-4D58-83BE-BD636C426F99

to this:

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! ADD24326-266D-4397-BD15-82B7A1319D89

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 247603AA-6C7E-4030-A7EF-B37036051A8D

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! C7902D42-8A91-48E4-846B-2AE595FA37C7

The more I look at the Maverick Area 51 color compared to the BS Area 51, the less I like it. Hopefully it’s just the picture quality/lighting.

Reactions: Doc

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
It could be lighting or the white balance. More likely it’s not A51. We are calling it that because TFLTruck called it that.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
It could be lighting or the white balance. More likely it’s not A51. We are calling it that because TFLTruck called it that.
Thanks. Yeah not a huge deal, but this one looks much more “teal.”

Excited to see what colors they do offer.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone else think this Area 51 color looks different compared to the Area 51 color on the BS?

Compare this:

6B889665-55A5-4D58-83BE-BD636C426F99.jpeg

to this:

ADD24326-266D-4397-BD15-82B7A1319D89.jpeg

247603AA-6C7E-4030-A7EF-B37036051A8D.jpeg

C7902D42-8A91-48E4-846B-2AE595FA37C7.jpeg

The more I look at the Maverick Area 51 color compared to the BS Area 51, the less I like it. Hopefully it’s just the picture quality/lighting.
I was actually looking at a51 sport in a parking lot, I liked the color in the shade cause it looks like your last pic, but in direct sunlight it looks like the Leaked pic and really hides any body lines and looks flat with out any black contrast, it solidified cactus grey for me
Sponsored