Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Obviously a 2wd truck sitting this low to the ground. Pretty bland looking, slab sides, no wind splits or contours visible. I donā€™t see anything to make me want to buy one. Four doors also a big negative for me.
I donā€™t think thatā€™s a 2wd truck. Itā€™s car based, not body on frame, so it is inherently lower.

It may not be for you. But Iā€™d wait until actual specifications are released before passing judgement.

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Hyundai still looks like a Car/SUV. The Maverick is a truck and looks like it.
I mean, looks wise the Santa Cruz is leagues better looking. The Maverick looks really boring to be frank. Theres something super bland about the Maverick in that Area 51 sideshot we got and the leaked front end just looks bulky and blah when compared to the gorgeous Bronco Sport. I wish they just used that front end from the Bronco Sport, would have looked worlds better. To fix the wall of boring on the side maybe they can make a little fender flare kit. Just SOMETHING to break up the big flat wall of metal and give a bit of style.

I am also keeping an eye on the Santa Cruz but the bed shots so far give the edge to the Maverick. Plus the idea of a cheap fleet truck probably isnt even in the wheelhouse of Hyundai when it comes to a possible trim. Thats the primary reason Id go with the Maverick when directly compared. SLightly bigger bed, less options and cheaper/lower trims. If I wanted a cool looking vehicle it would go to the Santa Cruz and its literally not even a close competition.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also something no one else has said, I hope these drivers in the spy shots are like 4'10" because if they arent then that belt-line is LUDICROUSLY high. Thats a newer trend I just cant stand. More uncomfortable to hang your arm out of, harder to see out, makes the vehicle feel more cramped and tomb-like.

My stepsister got a Jeep Renegade somewhat recently and I was shocked at how high the belt line was on it. Same with my buddies Camaro. It literally makes the car feel like a coffin instead of a greenhouse.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
I mean, looks wise the Santa Cruz is leagues better looking. The Maverick looks really boring to be frank. Theres something super bland about the Maverick in that Area 51 sideshot we got and the leaked front end just looks bulky and blah when compared to the gorgeous Bronco Sport. I wish they just used that front end from the Bronco Sport, would have looked worlds better. To fix the wall of boring on the side maybe they can make a little fender flare kit. Just SOMETHING to break up the big flat wall of metal and give a bit of style.

I am also keeping an eye on the Santa Cruz but the bed shots so far give the edge to the Maverick. Plus the idea of a cheap fleet truck probably isnt even in the wheelhouse of Hyundai when it comes to a possible trim. Thats the primary reason Id go with the Maverick when directly compared. SLightly bigger bed, less options and cheaper/lower trims. If I wanted a cool looking vehicle it would go to the Santa Cruz and its literally not even a close competition.
Man to each their own, but I think the Santa Cruz is UGLY. The Maverick atleast looks like a truck. I wouldnā€™t be interested in the Santa Cruz for the look alone as it looks much more car like to me.

Last edited:
Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That big flat wall of metal is exactly what fleets want for logos. You probably weren't around for the outrageous dealer-prep artwork of the 80's and early 90's.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally like what I see from the Mav, and I don't think I would drive a Santa Cruz even they gave just gifted me one. That being said, to each their own and if the Cruz is your thing, go for it.
Sadly the Santa Cruz is going to 100% too fancy and expensive. They wont do any cheap fleet models and they gizmos are basically guaranteed to be fancier and cooler than what Ford offers. They always are with Hyundai honestly, past few years they've blown by Ford for that kinda stuff. But looks wise, its miles beyond the Maverick since it goes more the Ute route instead of amorphous looking brick route. I absolutely adore Utes and would prefer the look of that, especially for a "truck" with capabilities as low as this is going to have.

They're basically the same vehicle though, the people acting like the Maverick is more truck-ish just look silly. They're small CUV based crossover trucks. They're both just baby Honda Ridgelines. Gonna be great lifestyle trucklets but they wont replace a real truck for anyone that uses their vehicle for normal towing and hauling.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm actually really surprised that Ford is doing Area 51 as a color option for the Maverick. I do recall suggesting this in another thread a while back, and looking back now I guess I was right. Hopefully a reveal is right around the corner so Ford can get these trucks into the hands of buyers quickly.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm actually really surprised that Ford is doing Area 51 as a color option for the Maverick. I do recall suggesting this in another thread a while back, and looking back now I guess I was right. Hopefully a reveal is right around the corner so Ford can get these trucks into the hands of buyers quickly.
I would think all the colors available on the Bronco Sport will be on the Maverick as well.