Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems to be confusion in this arena so:

ADM - additional dealer markup. Placed over the MSRP to inflate profits and egos.

• ADM is actually just plain markup that a dealer charges over MSRP because of market demand... also known as Market Adjustments.
  • The added on accessories are an addendum item that is added to the price to increase profit and bypass the mandated by Ford no Market Adjustments...
  • That is what the Tint, Wheel Locks, etch, Rust Proof, Undercoat, Paint Sealant, Fabric Guard, etc are included under.

MSRP - manufacturer suggested retail price... retail or Window Sticker. Would sell them all day for this profit structure.

Invoice - below window sticker...is not true cost if car ... this is what floorplan and banks use as cost.

Cost is 2-3% behind invoice that dealers use to defray he cost of floor planned (sitting in stock) inventory.

Options on the vehicle that are configurable at order time will have an MSRP. invoice and cost

Accessories - added on after the vehicle us built.

Known as dealer installed accessories.

Have an MSRP and cost no invoice and price structure is determined by the application. (Some items have more profit structure than others

BUILD & PRICE tool used by consumers to "make" their vehicle and change at a whim

Configurator- Dealer tool used to order the vehicle

X plan has been explained in other threads but let's be consistent.
It is a partner pricing structure that is .4% below invoice plus a 275 fee that Ford requires.

A, D, and Z plans. If you work for Ford a dealership employee or a retiree from Ford these plans will be available to you and you know the rules already.

Reservation system by Ford is something new. Came out for the MachE, then to Bronco Sport, Bronco and Lightning. Growing pains are expected but I believe this was a way larger test than intended and it broke..

Allocation - is based on prior sales and dealerships were rewarded with extra vehicles because of being a volume store.

Reservations will eventually lead to allocations but after all reservations have been filled.

Please feel free to pm and I will add as necessary.
Sponsored

JRPhawk

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT

ADM - additional dealer markup. Placed over the MSRP to inflate profits and egos.

• ADM is actually just plain markup that a dealer charges over MSRP because of market demand... also known as Market Adjustments.
  • The added on accessories are an addendum item that is added to the price to increase profit and bypass the mandated by Ford no Market Adjustments...
  • That is what the Tint, Wheel Locks, etch, Rust Proof, Undercoat, Paint Sealant, Fabric Guard, etc are included under.

MSRP - manufacturer suggested retail price... retail or Window Sticker. Would sell them all day for this profit structure.

Invoice - below window sticker...is not true cost if car ... this is what floorplan and banks use as cost.

Cost is 2-3% behind invoice that dealers use to defray he cost of floor planned (sitting in stock) inventory.

Options on the vehicle that are configurable at order time will have an MSRP. invoice and cost

Have an MSRP and cost no invoice and price structure is determined by the application. (Some items have more profit structure than others

BUILD & PRICE tool used by consumers to "make" their vehicle and change at a whim

It is a partner pricing structure that is .4% below invoice plus a 275 fee that Ford requires.

A, D, and Z plans. If you work for Ford a dealership employee or a retiree from Ford these plans will be available to you and you know the rules already.

Reservation system by Ford is something new. Came out for the MachE, then to Bronco Sport, Bronco and Lightning. Growing pains are expected but I believe this was a way larger test than intended and it broke..

Allocation - is based on prior sales and dealerships were rewarded with extra vehicles because of being a volume store.

Reservations will eventually lead to allocations but after all reservations have been filled.

Very informative thanks! Now can you tell me what a "Vehicle Sentry Protection" charge of $300.00 is that suddenly appeared on my MSRP breakdown??

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I ordered my ford in september 2021 and should be picking the new one up in a couple weeks. I have the windows sticker and its 27,400 total. should i exprect to pay that plus taxes? also am i eleigible for the special financing rates from before?
Sponsored